Monday, January 21, 2013

What's the Rush?!?


If there is one thing I have learned about my natural hair, it is that it takes much time and patience and love to get it lookin' right and tight. Well...learned may be an overstatement...which leads me to this post.

Jaz and I had a meeting planned for this evening at 7:00 PM. Now mind you, I am the absolute worst with time. I'm one of those "I'll be late to my own funeral" kind of girls. When I was a corps member in Teach for America I somehow managed to get it together and get everywhere on TFATime, but clock management post-corps has been a struggle. Anyway, I digress. At 5:30 I was just finishing my evening workout and realized my hair smelled...well like I'd been working out. That's a little gross to share, but I've gotta keep it real over here. So I decided to "quickly" shampoo and throw some deep conditioner on before heading to Jaz's place.

Now, mind you I ran out of deep condish last wash session, so I had to swing by Whole Foods to pick up some Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (my fave!) but they were out of it...ummm....booooooo! So I bought some Giovanni and rushed home to get on with the washing. This put me jumping in the shower at 6:20ish...nowhere near enough time to properly detangle, section, and "properly" wash. I almost gave up, but the smell emanating from my head was enough to make me press on. I had a I wish I had straight silky hair so this wouldn't be an issue moment.

But I post this not to bash my hair. I LOVE MY CURLS. This little episode was just a reminder that all good things are worth putting in a little extra effort. So under that hat you see there, I have a tangled mass of curls marinating in Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner, and they will be okay just the way they are - perfect wash routine or not.

-Riss

No comments:

Post a Comment