Sunday, January 20, 2013

Washing Your Hair {{With Ease}}


There are different ways you can wash you’re hair! I want you to know that you have choices peeps. Isn’t that cool!!? Who doesn’t like a quick wash routine? I sure do. O.O
Here are a few quick wash routines that I feel are worthy of sharing with you!
You ready? Lets get into it.
1) Half & Half
Half and half is for all my naturals that have a whole lotta hair that they just never feel like doing in one evening. So hey, why not split up the effort??? I do this every once in a while when I’m feeling like resting but I know I HAVE to at least start my hair, but the next day I finish it:
 - Section your hair into 4 sections and detangle and plat each section by using a cheap conditioner (for slip) and use your fingers to work out knots. Leave your hair in plats for when you rinse in the shower. This will minimize breakage.
- Once your finished, hop in the shower and rinse the conditioner out of your head, massaging your scalp and rinsing thoroughly. This is the first half of your wash….
- After you rinse the conditioner out, dry your hair enough to where its not dripping wet but still damp, and then put a plastic shower cap on your head……. and go to sleep! YES, sleep;-) This will condition your hair while you rest and when you rise your hair will feel soooooo soft. Well…..mine does. lol It works well for my hair. 
**side note** Sometimes I lay a towel on my pillow just in case excess water decides to drain. 
- Wake up the next morning and hop in the shower. Put your head under the water, add shampoo and massage JUST your scalp (hair should still be in twisted plats). Then when you’ve washed your scalp, detangle each plat (using whatever method you choose….brush, comb, or fingers) while you rinse the shampoo out of your hair!! Easy right? I thought so too. ;-)
2) Conditioner ONLY (Co-Wash)
Plat your hair in about 6-8 plats and apply your conditioner to scalp. Massage it through your scalp and detangle and rinse at the same time. You do this by letting the water run on your plat as you detangle it!! Just in case you were wondering. lol;-) Then YOU’RE DONE!!!! \o/ 
3) Water ONLY <-This one is the most simple but can leave some naturals still feeling dirty in the scalp. 
Rinse your hair and scalp with water!! Detangle and you’re done!!
YOU DETERMINE how you wash your hair. Its specific for each natural and everyone is different because we have different hair types and hair needs….and not to mention preferences. The point of this is for you all to be informed when you make your decision! ;-) I tend to do all of these every once in a while. lol. It really just depends on how Im feeling at the time, what style Im planning on doing on my hair, and how dirty it is! So anyways, thats all peeps. Talk to you all soon. Have a wonderful 4th of July!!! XOXO
Jaz

No comments:

Post a Comment