Sunday, January 20, 2013

Spotlight Blogging: Suffering is a Gift


Wow, what a paradigm shift?! lol!
The man who wrote this blog that I am spotlighting, has recently experienced the death of his wife and has been preaching and blogging about his experience ever since. It has been a few months, and as hard as this time in his life may be, his perspective is straight and he has received the mind of God in regards to his situation. I am proud of him, my brother in Christ for sharing this powerful revelation and I pray for him and his family’s strength in God;-)
I must say, I had a strong sense of this idea from my own experiences with suffering, however I don’t think I completely settled in the vast truth of the matter. So for me, the simple bottom-line is to be grateful during your suffering, because it is producing so much that God has already planted on the inside of you. Its the suffering that brings it out, and its beautiful;-)
Your suffering, MOST importantly, brings you closer to God and teaches you things about Him that you never knew. It is imperative that you KNOW the God you serve. From your experience being poor, you will KNOW that He’s a provider. From your experience being sick, you will KNOW that He is a healer.
Are you following where I’m going with this?
LOL!
You need to know Him in order to conquer all that He has set before you! So go forward, knowing that:
Suffering is a GIFT! According to Philippians 1:29:
For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in Him but also suffer for his sake.
When you chose Christ, you chose to suffer. It is a promise that we will have those good ol’ “trials and tribulations.” I’m sure you’ve heard that before at church, and it is the absolute truth. There’s NO getting around it when you are serving the Lord. Even those who don’t serve Christ have to suffer, so why wouldn’t we? The only difference between us and them is that our suffering is FOR Him, meaning that it will prove itself by the Christ-like nature that emanates from us after all is said and done and He will use IT ALL for His glory; When the storm is over;-) Be blessed folks. Much love always! XOXO
Jaz

No comments:

Post a Comment