Sunday, January 20, 2013

Riss: Wiggin' Out

image
Whew! Look at those lips! :-) This picture reminds me of those Glamour Shots from the 80’s and 90’s :-)))))

In one of my last posts I wrote about my attempts to get over the dreaded WINTER HAIR BLAHS. If you haven’t read that post, basically I wrote about being completely bored with my hair. I tend towards the hair chameleon side of styling in that I change my styles often. I also like to incorporate braids, weaves, and wigs on occasion as a protective style…okay…maybe more than on occasion. I switch it up on the regular!
Anyhow, I decided to go for a lace front and leave some of my hair line out to avoid that “Look Ma! I drew my hair line in with a straight edge and a black magic marker!” kind of look. 
My hair is (messily) cornrowed underneath and I’ve been spritzing it nightly with a mix of:
- H2O
- Giovanni Direct Leave-in (my absolute fave product)
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Love :-)
My hair feels super-moisturized and the look is super-low maintenance. I plan on taking the style down in the next week or so. I haven’t decided if I’ll restyle the same way, or allow my mane to live free for a while. Jaz and I have talked about treating ourselves to professional blowouts and trims in a few months, so maybe I’ll leave it up until then…any who - just thought I’d share! Happy styling loves!
Riss

No comments:

Post a Comment